Apple Spread Apple Muffins - Gina's Gourmet Pantry
- 3 ¼ cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1-tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1-teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened and divided
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1/3-cup whole milk
- ¼ cup Gina's Gourmet Pantry Apple Spread
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup peeled and shredded apple (use any kind)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
In a medium bowl, beat 4 oz. cream cheese, ½ cup granulated sugar, and almond extract at medium speed with a mixer until smooth; set aside.
In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, remaining ¼ cup flour, and remaining 1-teaspoon cinnamon. Cut in softened butter until mixture is crumbly, set topping aside.
In a large bowl, beat remaining 4 oz. cream cheese and remaining 1-1/2 cup granulated sugar at medium speed. Add vegetable oil, apple spread, and milk beating until smooth. Add eggs until combined. Stir in shredded apple and flour mixture until combined.
Fill muffin cups half full, divide cream cheese mixture by dropping in center of batter. Sprinkle batter with topping. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection